Today Whitney and I got back from Hawaii and, after flying to Omaha, we drove to Lincoln, Nebraska. The city here is lovely. It is a quite place with nice people and a very homey feel. After finding some dinner, we found our extended stay hotel, the Townhouse. From the outside, it doesn't look like much (doesn't look bad, though), but inside it is very nice. It is worth the price and will be a nice and comfortable place to live for the next 2 months.
After relaxing for about an hour, we headed to the Univeristy of Nebraska Lincoln (UNL) campus to get signed in. I got a packet full of information about the program, the campus, and the city of Lincoln. After getting signed in, Whitney and I went to the library for a bit to read, relax, and wait for the pizza party at 6:00.
The pizza party was in the basement of Neihardt Hall, a dorm building where most of the research students are staying. We got to meet many new people, and I can only remember a handful of their names. Let's see.... We sat with Gavin and Jay. They were both doing different science programs. Then there was another David at the table who was doing more Physics-related work. There was also a Carl who was doing virology studies on the Herpes virus. There are two programs for math, and most of the crew for the one I'm not in was there. There was an Ean (ee-an) from Montana who had a 14 hour drive, and there was a Sarah, I think, who was the only other person in my program there. Everyone was very friendly and talkative, and the Valentino's Pizza was delicious! We got to take almost an entire box home (breakfast tomorrow?). Throw in some breadsticks, salad, and Pepsi, and it was a grand and merry feast! Most people were surprised to find that I was married, but everyone seemed to think that was cool. I got a few questions about how old we were and how long we had dated, and I think we passed =) .
After watching North America on the Discovery Channel (you should watch it too, it is awesome), we are winding down. Whitney is playing Pokemon, and I decided to start this blog up to journal my research adventure and make it easier for those who wish to keep up with me to do so, so enjoy!
The first comment! It works!
ReplyDeleteGlad it works!
Delete