Well, things have been pretty crazy lately. Monday night I got very sick from some unknown cause and ended up throwing up twice that night. I was out of commission all day Tuesday and was just laying in bed all day, pretty much. Yesterday, I missed morning class but felt OK enough to go to the afternoon class. By that time I was not feeling bad but was just weak. And today I woke up and felt great, but very hungry! I have been catching up today, because I felt behind, and I even got to play racquetball with my my group here.
I don't think I ever officially named my research group, here. There is Matt, Rich, Sarah, Avery, and me. Tanner Auch is our grad student who is leading most of the research goals, and Dr. Peterson is overseeing the whole adventure and is there to teach us and back us all up.
Ok, so back to chaos. In addition to being sick Monday, we also took our car into the shop Monday for what we thought was an alignment issue. We got a rental car, and Whitney has been driving that to work every day since then. Turns out the problem was not alignment, however, but was subframe corrosion. We were going to have the shop it was at fix the problem (they are very nice people, best I have seen), but my Dad, because he is awesome, found online that there had been a recall back in 2009 for exactly that problem. So after about 2 hours on the phone with the shop, the dealership, and Hyundai customer service (which was actually not bad at all!), we are getting the part and labor covered by the dealership in town here.
So that has made things a bit crazy around here recently. Poor Whitney has had to work hard all day, drive 45 minutes there and back and immediately turn around and drive about for another 30-45 minutes as we run errands and get this all figured out. But things are finally settling down, because today we got confirmation that the part will be in Monday, and the car should be fixed Monday or Tuesday. We will return our current rental car tonight, since we have extended it twice now, and we are getting a longer rent period with a better rate until Monday. Whew. I am looking forward to having our own car back!!!
All in all, things are still going well, though. We are hugely blessed that God kept us safe in a car that was deemed "not safe to drive, especially at high speeds or for long distances", especially considering we drove to Nebraska on it and then Whitney drove 45 min. each way to work a few days! So happy we are both safe! And the car, for that matter, could have been damaged a lot more.... So things are turning out alright.
I could write some more about research progress, but I think I will have more to say in a day or two, so I'll postpone that. For anyone dying to read the nitty-gritty stuff, sorry, but stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment