The past two days have been wonderful! My parents have been here, and sadly they have to leave tomorrow morning. They have been eating lunch with me every day at the cafeteria. Monday we went to eat at Runza, which is a special Nebraska restaurant. Runza serves runza's, which are sort of like subs or burritos that mainly have sausage and cabbage. There are a lot of varieties, though, like the bbq runza, or the cheeseburger runza, or the spicy jack runza (my favorite). I highly recommend it (if you are ever in Nebraska)! After Runza, Whitney and I introduced my parents to Settlers of Catan, which we just got this past weekend. It is a very great game.
This morning we went to LaMar's Donuts and found the largest donuts we have ever seen! They were very good too, although no better than Donut Bank's in Evansville. After classes and after Whitney got back from work at about 4:30, we went to eat at Lazlo's brewery and grill. I had been told it was the best place to eat in Lincoln, and I don't doubt it, now that I have been there. I got the hot rost beef sandwhich; Whitney got the grilled salmon and avocado salad; Dad got the voodoo chicken; and Mom got the Greek chicken wrap. All the food was very delicious, and we got some cheesecake afterwards to finish it off, which was also amazing! Then again tonight we played Settlers of Catan. We all had a great time! We have also done quite a bit of city exploration and walking around while my parents are here, which is nice.
Now for the more complicated stuff =) . Dedicated readers, venture on!
Monday we had what was probably the easiest class, and it also happened to be the class that connected things for me. The lectures have been very similar, but slightly separate in subject-matter, and I have been trying to connect them. It turns out that Dr. Peterson in the morning has been teaching us Discrete Calculus which is based on a fixed number line, more like the set of integers. What Tanner has been teaching us, however, is for any Time Scale, which is any set of real numbers on a "number line", which are defined by a(t) + b. So Tanner's work covers what Dr. Peterson is teaching us, and that's what made Monday's lesson the easiest - it was all review. Today, Tuesday, we finished up the Fundamental Theorem of Discrete Calculus, and we also covered Taylor Monomials. In Peterson's class, Taylor Monomials (a term which he coined) were very easy to understand. In Tanner's class, it was some of the ugliest math I have ever seen =P
No comments:
Post a Comment