Sunday, June 9, 2013

First Weekend

Sorry I have not been writing every day like I thought I would, but the weekends turn out to be my lazy time =) . Whitney starts her work tomorrow. She is working in the small town of Waco, NE at the Monsanto plant. It's about a 45 minute drive, so she has a long drive to work and back every day. But they pay her for the miles, and the hourly pay is good, so it's worth it. We are just very happy and blessed that she was able to find a job half way across the country so easily. God kind of just laid it out for us!

This has been a great weekend. We spend Friday night with Nate online, mostly, playing games. We have been reading Lord of the Rings, too (Whitney is finishing Return of the King, while I am half way through the Fellowship). Saturday we were going to go the Farmer's Market here, but ended up sleeping in and not wanting to go (or maybe that was just me. woops). We went grocery shopping on Saturday too, and forgot tons of things at Walmart that we realized almost as soon as we got home (don't you hate it when you do that!). But we managed to scrounge up ways to get them. We found a neat board game hobby store where we bought Settlers of Catan, and we have played it three times I think, in the past two days! It works with two people surprisingly well!

Today, Sunday, we went to Grace Chapel Presbyterian Church. We were invited by Tanner Auch, the grad student for my program, who goes there with his wife. We were surprised to find that it was a Presbyterian church with the name of Grace, just like our church at home in Jackson! (Once again, God's putting His signature on things =] ). Church was good. I think it is a relatively young church, and the building at least is a nice and unique blend of old/traditional and modern. The people there are nice, but were not as inviting as Grace at home (no other church is). We miss our church family at home, but this is a nice temporary place, and it's nice to know at least two people there.

My parents drove here to Lincoln all the way from Evansville, IN today! It was a long drive, about 11 hours, but they made it and we were able to hang out for a few hours together tonight. They will be here two full days (Monday and Tuesday), and they will leave Wednesday morning, I think. Tonight, after they got here, we had spaghetti that Whitney made (and was delicious!), and then we went for a walk around the UNL campus. My parents were ready to walk around after the long car ride of sitting. After dinner and the walk, we came back to our apartment here and watched the next to last episode of North America on Discovery. So sad it's the last one soon.... My parents had not heard of it, and they really enjoyed it. It was all about the deserts.

Well, tomorrow I go back to classes and learning new recently discovered things, and Whitney goes to work for the first time for real here (first time was for drug test). I look forward to awesome school cafeteria food, spending time with my parents, and learning new math! Hope you all have a great week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment