Sorry I have been behind on my posting! I don't really know why... maybe there just hasn't been much to post recently?
Saturday was an eventful day. We woke up and went to LaMar's to get donuts, which were great. We then took our donuts to the farmers' market downtown, which was huge. It wraps around a city block and is on both sides of the street. There is a quite a bit of produce and such, but also a lot of crafts and miscellaneous things. I got a cup of old-fashion homemade root beer, which was amazing, and Whitney got a bag of kettle corn.
After lunch we went to the capitol building. It is truly an amazing building and a work of art. It is massive from the outside, but the real beauty lies on the inside with the architecture details and the paintings/murals. Tours are every day often and free, so we took a tour which was fantastic, and after the tour we went up to the top floor where they have a viewing area. You can see forever, and it's very peaceful up there. I highly recommend it to anyone who may come to Lincoln.
After the capitol building we went to Walmart, had trouble returning pepper-spray (apparently it's a non-returnable item, or something...), and then spent the night playing online with Nate and one of his friends. It was good to talk with him, again.
Sunday we went to Grace Chapel again, and we really love the church. It is such a blessing to have found a great church immediately upon arriving! Not a Sunday went by without us having a place to fellowship and worship =)
We went out to eat after church again, this time to Qdoba with not only Tanner but some of his Math friends who go to Grace also. It was a good time. After lunch we called the Dads and talked with family. Let's see... we also visited the Gameroom on the way home after dinner at the UNL dinning hall (they have tons of used games, from the beginning of time until now). We then watched the last episode of North America on the Discovery Channel. We will probably end up buying the series; it was so good!
As far as research goes, we have now covered factional sums and differences, so we have officially gotten into the "fractional calculus" part of the program. Although this is discrete fractional calculus, not continuous (but there is a continuous version for fractional stuff). So it turns out the half-integral of 1 is [2/Sqrt(Pi)]t^(1/2). The underlined power is on purpose and denotes the falling function... blah blah blah. It functions like a normal exponent, sort of.
We were also told that our project will probably consist of expanding the use of Green's Functions to some other area. I think we might be expanding their use from a simple discrete case to the general time scale.... I'll let you know when I know more =)
Hi David! I'm glad you got to tour the capital building. Kevin and I really enjoyed seeing it too. I'm so glad that God has blessed you with a good church to go to. God is so good! It sounds like you are learning a lot. I don't understand anything you are talking about but I'm glad you can understand it!
ReplyDeleteYes, we have been very happy with the church, and we were very blessed to find such a wonderful church without even missing a Sunday!
ReplyDelete