Today we had our first class sessions. Dr. Peterson is teaching in the mornings at 9:30, and Tanner Auch, the grad student who is defending his dissertation this summer, teaches in the afternoons at 1:30. The class sessions went by super fast, and we were learning quick. We have no textbook (which makes sense, since it's research), but Dr. Peterson has printed notes for us all to follow. Tanner just writes from his own notes on the board, so I found myself taking notes for the first time in a math setting! It makes it difficult to keep up and absorb things when you are rushing to write everything down....
Except for a few more events pertaining to all the research programs, my schedule will pretty much be the same:
Breakfast
9:30 class with Peterson
Lunch
1:30 class with Tanner
Dinner
So my posts may start to include some of the more technical things we are learning, if I find it easy enough to type. So, sorry family and your welcome school-mates/professors! Once we get a little further in and I understand the material better, I'll try to explain a little of it. For now it's all new and different and strange.
No comments:
Post a Comment